Our Commitment To You
Our Privacy Policies and Practices
Information we collect and sources from which we collect it:
Depending upon the services you are utilizing, we may collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you or your representatives on applications or other forms.
- nformation you or your representatives provide to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone, electronically, or by any other means.
- Information about your transactions that we secure from our files or from our affiliates or others.
- Information that we receive from others involved in your transaction, such as the real estate agent, lender, or credit bureau.
- Information obtained through our web site, as outlined below.
Use of information
- We request information from you for our own legitimate business purposes and not for the benefit of any nonaffiliated party.
- We will not release your information to nonaffiliated parties except: (1) as necessary for us to provide the product or service you have requested of us; or (2) as permitted by law.
- In the course of our general business practices, we may share and reserve the right to share the information we collect, as described above, about you or others as permitted by law.
WE DO NOT DISCLOSE ANY NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WITH ANYONE FOR ANY PURPOSE THAT IS NOT SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED BY LAW.
Security and Confidentiality of Your Information
Safekeeping of your non-public personal information is a high priority. We maintain physical safeguards, such as secure areas in buildings; electronic safeguards, such as passwords and encryption; and procedural safeguards, such as customer authentication procedures. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We carefully select and monitor outside service providers who have access to customer information, and we require them to keep it safe and secure. We do not allow them to use or share the information for any purpose other than to perform the service for which they are engaged. We train our employees with respect to security procedures and monitor compliance therewith. We will maintain appropriate facilities and systems to protect against unauthorized access to and corruption of the data we maintain.
Information Obtained Through Our Web Site
We are sensitive to privacy issues on the Internet and believe it is important you know how we treat the information about you we receive on the Internet. In general, you can visit our web site on the World Wide Web without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Our web servers collect the domain names, not the e-mail addresses, of visitors. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed, and similar information. We use this information to measure the use of our site and to develop ideas to improve the content of our site.
There are times, however, when we may need information from you, such as your name and e-mail address. When information is needed, we will use our best efforts to let you know at the time of collection how we will use the personal information. Usually, the personal information we collect is used only by us to respond to your inquiry, process an order, or allow you to access specific account/profile information. If you choose to share any personal information with us, we will only use it in accordance with the policies outlined above.
Changes to Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify or supplement our Privacy Statement at any time. The current Privacy Statement will always be available at the www.coloescrow.com website.